Inside Publications was founded by Cecily Hastings in 1996 with Inside East Sacramento, a neighborhood monthly. In 1998 they added Inside Land Park, and in 2001 added Inside Arden. In 2014 Inside Pocket was added. The group is now the largest print publication in Sacramento.
Publisher Cecily Hastings leads by example and is dedicated to helping our Sacramento neighborhoods thrive.
- 2017 Women Who Mean Business Award Winner by the Sacramento Business Journal for outstanding leadership and success in the publishing and business community.
- Inside Sacramento: The Most Interesting Neighborhood Places in America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, 2016-2019. Now in Second Edition this first-of-its-kind photographic guide book highlights more than 110 places to east, shop and explore in the city’s 10 best neighborhoods through more than 1,000 photogrpahs. Book has sold more than 10,000 copies. Designated by Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg as Sacramento’s “Bucket List Challenge.”
- 2017 Cappie Award Winner from Sacramento Public Relations Association for best overall media campaign for Inside Sacramento book.
- Co-founder, Friends of East Sacramento, a volunteer-based nonprofit organization that manages operations of the McKinley Rose Garden and the Clunie Community Center of McKinley Park; has raised $250,000 in private donations for the restoration of both public facilities; manages the McKinley Park Volunteer Corps and East Sac Home Remodeling Tour fundraiser; and received the East Sacramento Improvement Association Orchid Award for neighborhood beautification in 2013. Hastings was also named Volunteer of the Year in 2014 by Councilman Steve Cohn, and Business of the Year by the East Sacramento Chamber of Commerce in 2001 and 2011; named 2015 Media Person of the Year by the Carmichael Chamber of Commerce.
- Raised more than $50,000 for the rebuilding of the McKinley Playground, 2016.
- Co-founder, East Sacramento Chamber of Commerce, 1996, past president and 22-year – board member.
- Co-founder, McKinley East Sacramento Neighborhood Association, past president and 15-year board member.
- Appointed, Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission, 2011-2017.
- Chair, Art in Public Places Committee, 2013-2017.
- Appointed, Sacramento City Charter Review Committee, 2009-2010.
- Appointed Chair, Sacramento City Measure U Oversight Committee, 2014-2018.
Our INSIDE Values:
Our goal is to develop stronger communities where people are better connected. Our free direct-mail delivery each month to every home helps our citizens gain a better understanding of neighborhood and city issues, and get to know their neighbors and local businesses.
- We strive for excellence in our editorial and design for our readers
- We invest in 100% local, original content
- We encourage and foster local creatives
- We are driven to deliver the best quality to our readers, our advertisers and one another
- We strive for strong relationships with our, advertisers, employees and suppliers
- We strive to be a leader in community-building by looking beyond traditional practices of journalism
- We fill in the void being left by the decline of mainstream daily newspapers
- We provide a place for fresh local voices and opinions
- We practice the values of honesty, fairness and helpfulness in our relationships and business practices