Practice Social Distancing on American River Parkway
By Cathryn Rakich
Spring is here, the sun is out—and families with children and dogs are converging on the American River Parkway, the perfect escape for much-needed exercise and fresh air during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
However, with social distancing still in effect, the American River Parkway Foundation reminds the community to practice recommended etiquette when walking, running or biking on the parkway trails:
• Walkers, runners and hikers—practice social distancing of at least 6 feet when passing others. Keep to the left side going against traffic.
• Cyclists—ride by yourself, not in packs.
• Dog walkers—pick up after your animals.
• Equestrians—stay on designated trails.
• Fisherman—take all fishing gear, including lines, away with you.